Dolores Contreras is a Shareholder at Boyd Contreras, APC. Ms. Contreras concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate litigation and acquisition, civil litigation, and bankruptcy. Ms. Contreras has reputable trial and litigation experience and represents business entities and individuals in a wide array of legal transactions. These areas include, but are not limited to, general commercial litigation, breach of contract claims, unfair competition/unfair business practices under California Business and Professions Code Section 17200 et seq., corporate bankruptcies, individual bankruptcies, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, broker-lender liability claims, commercial and residential landlord-tenant disputes, and cross-border litigation matters. She represents Spanish-speaking clients, in their native language, on U.S. commercial and real estate issues.
Ms. Contreras has been a speaker on bankruptcy and real estate issues at conferences throughout San Diego. Ms. Contreras was chosen as the bankruptcy spokesperson for the nonprofit organization Abriendo Puertas, an organization created by San Diego Channel 10 News and TV Azteca, who are also collaborating with the San Diego District Attorney's Office to inform the public of recent real estate and bankruptcy issues. Ms. Contreras is also a member of the Boyd Contreras Real Estate Group and an attorney broker who actively negotiates residential and commercial real estate transactions.
Ms. Contreras is a member of the San Diego Bar Association, La Raza Lawyers Association, MANA, National Latina Business Woman Association, and San Diego Association of Realtors. In 2012, The Daily Transcript nominated Ms. Contreras for Top Corporate Attorney. The National Latina Business Woman Association board of directors nominated and awarded Ms. Contreras with the Entrepreneur of the Year award for 2009. Ms. Contreras was recently featured on San Diego’s Channel 10 news for her work defending client Coastal Design and Development Group (CDDG).
Prior to partnering at Boyd Contreras APC, Ms. Contreras owned her own legal practice, the Law Office of Dolores Contreras. Before owning her own legal practice, Ms. Contreras was an associate attorney at Maldonado & Markham, LLP.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- University of San Diego
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for the Top Corporate Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript , 2012 - Present
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Diego Bar Association, Member
- La Raza Lawyers Association, Member
- MANA, Member
- National Latina Business Woman Association, Member
- San Diego Association of Realtors, Member
- The National Latina Business Woman Association, Board of Directors