Karie J. Boyd
Karie Boyd is CEO of Boyd Law. She delivers case-winning results for her clients in trial as well as positions her clients for attractive out of court settlements. Ms. Boyd represents clients in both State and Federal Court.
Her litigation experience includes both jury and bench trials, involving litigation matters such as: business litigation, real estate litigation, trust and estate litigation, and marital dissolution, custody, and support disputes.
Ms. Boyd continues to promote the highest standards and innovative thinking in her profession. Her efforts and accomplishments have earned her nominations for top attorney for Corporate Litigation and Family Law in 2012 and 2013 and top Real Estate Litigation attorney nominations in 2011-2013 by the San Diego Daily Transcript. San Diego Magazine nominated Ms. Boyd for Woman of the Year in 2013. Additionally, in both 2009 and 2010, Ms. Boyd was nominated for the Top Young Attorney Award.
Ms. Boyd is a member of the Lawyer's Club, Wallace Inns of Court, and the San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles Bar Associations. Additionally, Ms. Boyd has served as the broker/attorney chair for the San Diego County Bar Association.
In addition to practicing law, Ms. Boyd is a licensed real estate broker. Ms. Boyd has counseled both attorneys and real estate agents on the contractual pitfalls leading to real estate litigation. She has participated in mediated disputes as well as courtroom trials relating to real estate matters. Ms. Boyd is the founder of the Boyd Real Estate Group and an attorney-broker who actively negotiates residential and commercial real estate transactions. Ms. Boyd's broad knowledge and background in law and real estate provide global and comprehensive representation to effectively meet the diverse needs of her clients.
Prior to acquiring Boyd Law, Ms. Boyd was a co-founder and shareholder of Boyd Contreras. Previously, Ms. Boyd owned her own legal practice, the Law Office of Karie J. Boyd. Before obtaining her Juris Doctorate, Ms. Boyd was a legal extern for Callaway Golf, and a law clerk for Mazzarella Caldarelli, LLP.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Business & Commercial
- Real Estate
- Litigation & Appeals
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- University of San Diego
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Women of Influence Special Feature, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2013 - Present
- Women in Business Awards Nominee, Orange County Business Journal, 2013 - Present
- Women of Year Award Nominee, San Diego Magazine, 2013 - Present
- Women Who Mean Business Award Nominee, San Diego Business Journal, 2013 - Present
- Nominated for the Top Corporate Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2012 - 2013
- Nominated for Top Real Estate Litigation Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2011 - 2013
- Nominated for the Top Young Attorney Award, San Diego Daily Transcript 2009 and 2010, 2009 - 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- NLWBA, Member
- MAMAS, Board Member
- Enright Inn of Court, Member
- Lawyers Club, Member
- San Realtors Association, Member
- National Association of Realtors, Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Karie J. Boyd
- Callaway Golf, Legal Extern
- Mazzarella Caldarelli, LLP, Law Clerk