Karie J. Boyd
Karie Boyd is a shareholder and founder of Boyd Contreras, APC. She delivers case-winning results for her clients in trial as well as positions her clients for attractive out of court settlements. Ms. Boyd represents clients in both State and Federal Court. Her litigation experience includes both jury and bench trials, involving litigation matters such as: business litigation, real estate litigation, unfair competition law, trust and estate litigation, and marital dissolution, custody, and support disputes.
In addition to practicing law, Ms. Boyd is a licensed real estate broker. Ms. Boyd has counseled both attorneys and real estate agents on the contractual pitfalls leading to real estate litigation. She has participated in mediated disputes as well as courtroom trials. Ms. Boyd is also a member of the Boyd Contreras Real Estate Group and an attorney-broker who actively negotiates residential and commercial real estate transactions. Ms. Boyd is a member of the Lawyer's Club, NLBWA, American Inns of Court and the San Diego and Orange County Bar Associations.
Ms. Boyd’s broad knowledge and background in law and real estate provide global and comprehensive representation to effectively meet the diverse needs of her clients. Her peers have nominated her as the top attorney for both Corporate Litigation and Real Estate in 2011. Additionally, Ms. Boyd has served as the broker/attorney chair for the San Diego County Bar Association. In both 2009 and 2010, Ms. Boyd was nominated for the Top Young Attorney Award.
Prior to becoming a shareholder at Boyd Contreras APC, Ms. Boyd owned her own legal practice, the Law Office of Karie J. Boyd. In addition, before obtaining her Juris Doctorate, Ms. Boyd was a legal extern for Callaway Golf, and a law clerk for Mazzarella Caldarelli, LLP.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- University of San Diego
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for the Top Corporate Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2012 - Present
- Nominated for Top Real Estate Litigation Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2011 - Present
- Nominated for the Top Young Attorney Award, San Diego Daily Transcript 2009 and 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- NLWBA, Member
- MAMAS, Board Member
- Enright Inn of Court, Member
- Lawyers Club, Member
- San Realtors Association, Member
- National Association of Realtors, Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Karie J. Boyd
- Callaway Golf, Legal Extern
- Mazzarella Caldarelli, LLP, Law Clerk