When lenders make promises to residential and commercial property owners that they do not or cannot keep, the financial impact on the owner can be significant. If you are in this situation, a knowledgeable real estate litigation lawyer can help protect both you and your investment in Orange County and throughout the rest of Southern California.
Santa Ana, Newport Beach and Irvine Real Estate Litigation Attorneys
At Boyd Contreras, APC, our Santa Ana, Newport Beach and Irvine real estate attorneys represent homeowners and businesses facing a variety of disputes involving lenders and other property owners; everything from unfair lending practices to boundary disputes to zoning matters. When you contact us, we will carefully evaluate your case and counsel you about your options. Our real estate litigation attorneys are licensed and active real estate brokers with detailed knowledge of property matters affecting individuals throughout Southern California.
Types of Real Estate Litigation Cases
These days, allegations of lender fraud, wrongdoing and unfair lending practices fill the news. Unfortunately, these actions can have dire consequences for property owners. At Boyd Contreras, APC, our Santa Ana, Newport Beach and Irvine real estate litigation lawyers represent residential and commercial property owners in a range of lender-related real estate disputes, including those involving:
- Lender/broker liability — If either of these parties behaved unlawfully or unethically while preparing your loan, we can help.
- Lender fraud and misrepresentation — This occurs when a lender intentionally misrepresents terms in a contract or misinterprets their effects upon you.
- Breach of contract — When a lender fails to fulfill a promise made in an agreement such as permanent financing or a fixed rate for the life of the loan, it violates the contract.
- Breach of fiduciary duty — A broker owes the client a duty to obtain the best possible loan. The broker might violate this obligation by improperly steering a client into a loan the client cannot afford or one with extremely unfavorable terms.
- Negligence — If the lender fails to follow up on information as it should, it could be acting negligently. It may be possible to bring a lawsuit to recoup the damages caused by that negligence.
- Promissory fraud — If a lender promises particular actions and yet does not intend to fulfill those obligations, it may be in commission of promissory fraud.
You can trust our Orange County real estate litigation attorneys to perform a thorough evaluation of your real estate dispute, giving you an honest assessment of what options are available and the potential outcomes associated with them. We will review your contract and any supporting documentation, building the strongest case possible for you.
When possible, we strive to settle matters; negotiating a settlement is typically faster and more cost-effective than litigating the matter. If your case is best served by going to trial, however, we are fully prepared to fight for you in the courtroom.
Contact Our Orange County Real Estate Litigation Lawyers
If you need skilled advice about any real estate dispute, our Santa Ana, Newport Beach and Irvine real estate litigation lawyers are here to help. Contact us online or call our office locally at 949-242-0656 to schedule a free initial consultation. We serve clients in Irvine, Santa Ana, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, San Clemente, Dana Point, Costa Mesa and all other cities in Southern California.