When lenders make promises to residential and commercial property owners that they do not or cannot keep, the financial impact on the owner can be significant. If you are in this situation, a knowledgeable San Diego real estate litigation lawyer can help protect both you and your investment in San Diego and throughout the rest of Southern California.
Real Estate Litigation Lawyers in San Diego, California
At Boyd Contreras APC, our real estate attorneys in San Diego represent homeowners and businesses facing a variety of disputes involving lenders and other property owners; everything from unfair lending practices to boundary disputes to zoning matters. When you contact us, we will carefully evaluate your case and counsel you about your options. Our real estate litigation attorneys are licensed and active real estate brokers with detailed knowledge of property matters affecting individuals in San Diego and throughout Southern California.
Types Real Estate Litigation Cases
These days, allegations of lender fraud, wrongdoing and unfair lending practices fill the news. Unfortunately, these actions can have dire consequences for property owners. At Boyd Contreras APC, our San Diego real estate litigation attorneys represent residential and commercial property owners in a range of lender-related real estate disputes, including those involving:
- Lender/broker liability - If either of these parties behaved unlawfully or unethically while preparing your loan, we can help.
- Lender fraud and misrepresentation - This occurs when a lender intentionally misrepresents terms in a contract or misinterprets their effects upon you.
- Breach of contract - When a lender fails to fulfill a promise made in an agreement, such as permanent financing or a fixed rate for the life of the loan, it violates the contract.
- Breach of fiduciary duty - A broker owes the client a duty to obtain the best possible loan. The broker might violate this obligation by improperly steering a client into a loan the borrower cannot afford or one with extremely unfavorable terms.
- Negligence - If the lender fails to follow up on information as it should, it could be acting negligently. It may be possible to bring a lawsuit to recoup the damages caused by that negligence.
- Promissory fraud - If a lender promises particular actions and yet does not intend to fulfill those obligations, it may be in commission of promissory fraud.
You can trust the real estate litigation attorneys in San Diego of Boyd Contreras APC, to perform a thorough evaluation of your real estate dispute, giving you an honest assessment of what options are available and the potential outcomes associated with them. We will review your contract and any supporting documentation, building the strongest case possible for you. When possible, we strive to settle matters; negotiating a settlement is typically faster and more cost-effective than litigating the matter. If your case is best served by going to trial, however, we are fully prepared to fight for you in the courtroom.
Contacting a Real Estate Litigation Attorney
Our attorneys help clients through out Southern California including these cities and counties:
- San Diego County
- Chula Vista
- El Cajon
- La Mesa
- La Jolla
- And More
If you need skilled advice about any real estate dispute, our real estate litigation lawyers are here to help. Contact us online or call our office locally at 619-378-4033 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Credit cards are accepted. Hay abogado que habla español.